Gay teen play receives foundation grant
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 21 2002 12:00 AM ET
The Hangar Theatre in Ithaca, N.Y., has been awarded a Gill Foundation grant that will support the development of a new play for high school students about teenage homosexuality. The theater initially commissioned an original script, Josh Keenan Comes Out to the World, from New York playwright Kenny Finkle in the spring of 2001. The play will tour high schools throughout upstate New York in the fall, and some public performances will be held at area theaters. Educational materials are being generated through the joint efforts of the Hangar Theatre and several organizations including the Ithaca City School District. To learn more about the project, contact the Hangar Theatre at (607) 273-8588.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship