Gay teen play receives foundation grant
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 21 2002 1:00 AM ET
The Hangar Theatre in Ithaca, N.Y., has been awarded a Gill Foundation grant that will support the development of a new play for high school students about teenage homosexuality. The theater initially commissioned an original script, Josh Keenan Comes Out to the World, from New York playwright Kenny Finkle in the spring of 2001. The play will tour high schools throughout upstate New York in the fall, and some public performances will be held at area theaters. Educational materials are being generated through the joint efforts of the Hangar Theatre and several organizations including the Ithaca City School District. To learn more about the project, contact the Hangar Theatre at (607) 273-8588.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Artist Spotlight: Chris von Steiner
- This Black Trans Man Is in Prison for Killing His Rapist
- Right-Wing Ad: Marriage Equality Will Cause Freedom's 'Extinction'