DJ Irene honored at Winter Music Conference
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 09 2002 12:00 AM ET
Openly gay dance music star DJ Irene was the winner of the International Dance Music Award for Best Underground 12" Dance Record at this year's Winter Music Conference in Miami Beach, Fla. She won for her work on "You're the Worst Thing for Me," which was released last year under "Pusaka," the group name she uses for her collaborations with Chris Cox. The record hit the top of the Billboard Club Play Chart last year.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Florida Man Fired for Saying He'll Wed His Dog Because of Same-Sex Marriage
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015