DJ Irene honored at Winter Music Conference
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 09 2002 12:00 AM ET
Openly gay dance music star DJ Irene was the winner of the International Dance Music Award for Best Underground 12" Dance Record at this year's Winter Music Conference in Miami Beach, Fla. She won for her work on "You're the Worst Thing for Me," which was released last year under "Pusaka," the group name she uses for her collaborations with Chris Cox. The record hit the top of the Billboard Club Play Chart last year.
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Might Even Antonin Scalia Say Kim Davis Should Resign?
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- WATCH: Kentucky Same-Sex Couples Discuss Kim Davis's Denial
- Op-ed: The Real Ramifications of the Rentboy Raid