DJ Irene honored at Winter Music Conference
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 09 2002 12:00 AM ET
Openly gay dance music star DJ Irene was the winner of the International Dance Music Award for Best Underground 12" Dance Record at this year's Winter Music Conference in Miami Beach, Fla. She won for her work on "You're the Worst Thing for Me," which was released last year under "Pusaka," the group name she uses for her collaborations with Chris Cox. The record hit the top of the Billboard Club Play Chart last year.
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Kansas Gov. Stands Behind Marriage Ban, Decries 'Liberal Judges'