Ellen may swap sitcom for talk show
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 13 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out comedian Ellen DeGeneres has signed to do a new syndicated talk show for Telepictures, the company that produced The Rosie O'Donnell Show. Ellen's new show would premiere in the fall of 2003, but only if she's not otherwise occupied by her sitcom, The Ellen Show, currently on suspension. CBS cut back on its order for episodes of The Ellen Show earlier this year but says the sitcom is still a candidate for renewal. A final decision on the show's future is expected in mid May.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps