Douglas Carter Beane sells script to Disney
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 16 2002 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that out playwright-screenwriter Douglas Carter Beane (As Bees in Honey Drown; To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar) has sold his screenplay Skinner's Eddy to Disney for seven figures. Eddy is a romantic comedy about a girl who returns home to her small town and meets a man who may literally be too good to be true. Gay filmmaker-choreographer Adam Shankman (The Wedding Planner, A Walk to Remember) is slated to direct.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular 1 hour 23 min ago
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 2 hours 15 min ago
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 2 hours 22 min ago
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 5:38 PM