Lan Yu shut out at Hong Kong Film Awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 23 2002 12:00 AM ET
Reuters reports that Lan Yu, Stanley Kwan's internationally acclaimed story about two gay men's taboo relationship against the backdrop of the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre, was shut out at Sunday's Hong Kong Film Awards. Lan Yu received 11 nominations, including best film and best actor (for both of its stars), but went home empty-handed. The evening's big winner was Shaolin Soccer, whose seven awards came just under the eight taken home last year by Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Miramax will release Shaolin Soccer later this year in the United States; Strand Releasing will distribute Lan Yu this summer.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'