FX renews The Shield
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 24 2002 12:00 AM ET
Although the show's controversial subject material--including a closeted gay cop--has spooked some advertisers, The Shield has been renewed for a second 13-episode season by the FX cable network, notes The Hollywood Reporter. Kevin Reilly, president of FX Entertainment, said, "We needed a beacon here that clearly defined the direction we're going with the network, so from a global standpoint it's great."
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication