Rock Hudson and Tony Randall? Try Ewan McGregor and David Hyde Pierce
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
Knowing that Rock Hudson was actually gay has added lots of extra fun to those coy romantic comedies Rock Hudson and Doris Day tossed off in the '60s. Now out producers Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen (American Beauty) will tackle the genre again with Down With Love, scheduled to start shooting in late May under the Fox 2000 banner. Gay frissons are all over this production, with gay-friendly Ewan McGregor in the Hudson-style role as the playboy who gets under the skin of good-girl advice columnist Renee Zellweger. David Hyde Pierce will take on the epicene best-friend role once associated with Tony Randall, and Sarah Paulson will costar as Zellweger's tart, smart book editor.
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?