Rock Hudson and Tony Randall? Try Ewan McGregor and David Hyde Pierce
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 26 2002 11:00 PM ET
Knowing that Rock Hudson was actually gay has added lots of extra fun to those coy romantic comedies Rock Hudson and Doris Day tossed off in the '60s. Now out producers Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen (American Beauty) will tackle the genre again with Down With Love, scheduled to start shooting in late May under the Fox 2000 banner. Gay frissons are all over this production, with gay-friendly Ewan McGregor in the Hudson-style role as the playboy who gets under the skin of good-girl advice columnist Renee Zellweger. David Hyde Pierce will take on the epicene best-friend role once associated with Tony Randall, and Sarah Paulson will costar as Zellweger's tart, smart book editor.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View