Rock Hudson and Tony Randall? Try Ewan McGregor and David Hyde Pierce
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
Knowing that Rock Hudson was actually gay has added lots of extra fun to those coy romantic comedies Rock Hudson and Doris Day tossed off in the '60s. Now out producers Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen (American Beauty) will tackle the genre again with Down With Love, scheduled to start shooting in late May under the Fox 2000 banner. Gay frissons are all over this production, with gay-friendly Ewan McGregor in the Hudson-style role as the playboy who gets under the skin of good-girl advice columnist Renee Zellweger. David Hyde Pierce will take on the epicene best-friend role once associated with Tony Randall, and Sarah Paulson will costar as Zellweger's tart, smart book editor.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community