High Art director's new opus headed for Cannes
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 30 2002 12:00 AM ET
Laurel Canyon, the new film by out director Lisa Cholodenko (High Art), will join the lineup at this year's Directors' Fortnight segment of the Cannes Film Festival. High Art, Cholodenko's critically acclaimed debut, starred Ally Sheedy as a doomed yet magnetic lesbian photographer--and was an award winner at Cannes. In a shift from lesbian storytelling, Laurel Canyon stars Frances McDormand as a freewheeling record producer and Christian Bale as her uptight son.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide