High Art director's new opus headed for Cannes
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 29 2002 11:00 PM ET
Laurel Canyon, the new film by out director Lisa Cholodenko (High Art), will join the lineup at this year's Directors' Fortnight segment of the Cannes Film Festival. High Art, Cholodenko's critically acclaimed debut, starred Ally Sheedy as a doomed yet magnetic lesbian photographer--and was an award winner at Cannes. In a shift from lesbian storytelling, Laurel Canyon stars Frances McDormand as a freewheeling record producer and Christian Bale as her uptight son.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- MSNBC’s Newest Online Host, Janet Mock, Says 'Yes!'