High Art director's new opus headed for Cannes
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 30 2002 12:00 AM ET
Laurel Canyon, the new film by out director Lisa Cholodenko (High Art), will join the lineup at this year's Directors' Fortnight segment of the Cannes Film Festival. High Art, Cholodenko's critically acclaimed debut, starred Ally Sheedy as a doomed yet magnetic lesbian photographer--and was an award winner at Cannes. In a shift from lesbian storytelling, Laurel Canyon stars Frances McDormand as a freewheeling record producer and Christian Bale as her uptight son.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Governors of Connecticut, New York, and Washington Ban Travel to Indiana