High Art director's new opus headed for Cannes
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 30 2002 12:00 AM ET
Laurel Canyon, the new film by out director Lisa Cholodenko (High Art), will join the lineup at this year's Directors' Fortnight segment of the Cannes Film Festival. High Art, Cholodenko's critically acclaimed debut, starred Ally Sheedy as a doomed yet magnetic lesbian photographer--and was an award winner at Cannes. In a shift from lesbian storytelling, Laurel Canyon stars Frances McDormand as a freewheeling record producer and Christian Bale as her uptight son.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'