Us Weekly says O'Donnell's partner is expecting
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 02 2002 12:00 AM ET
Already parents to three adopted children, Rosie O'Donnell and her partner, Kelli Carpenter, may be expecting a fourth child, according to an article in next week's Us Weekly magazine. Carpenter may be "several weeks" pregnant, news that ABCNews.com says will be repeated on Tuesday's edition of the syndicated TV show Access Hollywood.
Us Weekly, which hits newsstands on Friday, reports that O'Donnell, 40, and Carpenter, 34, were recently seen in the office of a New York gynecologist, where O'Donnell was overheard telling other women in the waiting room, "My girlfriend is here--she's pregnant." The account goes on to say that Carpenter came into the waiting room with a copy of a sonogram printout, which "excited" O'Donnell. O'Donnell's spokeswoman declined to comment on the reports.
O'Donnell came out as lesbian and as Carpenter's life partner in an interview with Diane Sawyer on ABC's Primetime Thursday only weeks ago, saying that she was speaking up to help overturn Florida's ban on adoptions by gay parents. In May, O'Donnell will end her six-year run on the popular syndicated talk show The Rosie O'Donnell Show; the reason for her ending the series, she has said, is to spend more time with her three adopted children: Parker, 6; Chelsea, 4; and Blake, 2.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel A Handy, Color-Coded Map to Gay Europe 3 min 32 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM