Gay Indian filmmaker dies in accident
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 08 2002 12:00 AM ET
The Times of India reports that gay filmmaker and activist Nishat Saran, 26, was killed April 24 when a truck hurtled into his car. Four other passengers, including an Indian TV personality and a freelance photographer, were also killed. Saran was well-known in India for having come out in a documentary; the young filmmaker's works include Fifty-Fifty, Summer in My Veins, and Perfect Day.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Analysis: Nope, Same-Sex Marriage Doesn't Dissuade Straight People from Getting Married