New Edward Albee played honored by NYC drama critics
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 08 2002 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that out author Edward Albee's new play The Goat, or Who is Sylvia? was named best play of the season by the New York Drama Critics Circle. At its Tuesday meeting the group also voted to give a special award to Elaine Stritch for her one-woman show, Elaine Stritch at Liberty. The critics opted not to present an award this season for best musical or best foreign play. Albee was previously honored by the New York Drama Critics Circle for Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and Three Tall Women.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Op-ed: How Tom Saved Finland
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'