New Edward Albee played honored by NYC drama critics
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 09 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out author Edward Albee's new play The Goat, or Who is Sylvia? was named best play of the season by the New York Drama Critics Circle. At its Tuesday meeting the group also voted to give a special award to Elaine Stritch for her one-woman show, Elaine Stritch at Liberty. The critics opted not to present an award this season for best musical or best foreign play. Albee was previously honored by the New York Drama Critics Circle for Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and Three Tall Women.
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word