Site of Gianni Versace's murder to be turned into private club
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 11 2002 12:00 AM ET
USA Today reports that gay designer Gianni Versace's Miami Beach mansion, Casa Casuarina, is being turned into an exclusive membership club. Versace was slain at the front gates of the house, which was purchased in September 2000 to be turned into a luxury hotel. Kathryn Slye, a lawyer representing the estate's owner, said, "We were afraid it would lose its wonder if anyone with a couple of thousand bucks could come in. We wanted to keep its exclusivity...maintain its mystique." The current plan is to make the house an exclusive club along the lines of Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- PHOTOS: Equality Advocates Picket Antigay Kentucky Clerk
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?