Site of Gianni Versace's murder to be turned into private club
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 11 2002 12:00 AM ET
USA Today reports that gay designer Gianni Versace's Miami Beach mansion, Casa Casuarina, is being turned into an exclusive membership club. Versace was slain at the front gates of the house, which was purchased in September 2000 to be turned into a luxury hotel. Kathryn Slye, a lawyer representing the estate's owner, said, "We were afraid it would lose its wonder if anyone with a couple of thousand bucks could come in. We wanted to keep its exclusivity...maintain its mystique." The current plan is to make the house an exclusive club along the lines of Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Governors of Connecticut, New York, and Washington Ban Travel to Indiana