Site of Gianni Versace's murder to be turned into private club
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 11 2002 12:00 AM ET
USA Today reports that gay designer Gianni Versace's Miami Beach mansion, Casa Casuarina, is being turned into an exclusive membership club. Versace was slain at the front gates of the house, which was purchased in September 2000 to be turned into a luxury hotel. Kathryn Slye, a lawyer representing the estate's owner, said, "We were afraid it would lose its wonder if anyone with a couple of thousand bucks could come in. We wanted to keep its exclusivity...maintain its mystique." The current plan is to make the house an exclusive club along the lines of Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Op-ed: How the Voices of Children Have Helped Turn the Tide on Marriage Equality
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends