MTV's Brian Graden tapped to revitalize VH1
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 16 2002 12:00 AM ET
MTV's Brian Graden has been upgraded to president of entertainment for MTV and VH1, in the hopes that the openly gay executive behind The Real World and The Osbournes can bring the oomph he gave to MTV's ratings to its sister network as well, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Over the last year VH1's ratings have been in steady decline, particularly in its core 18-49 demographic. "VH1 is definitely a big job right now," says Graden. "I am a big believer in constant, aggressive development. The first challenge is to get program ideas in motion." Graden adds that the network already has a number of projects in development that he "really believes in" and that "we will endeavor to get new content on, even if it's under the guise of specials or events throughout the course of this year. I hope for a lot of really exciting series next year."
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope' 1 hour 22 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 4:00 AM
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM