FilmFour to cofinance Stephen Fry's directorial debut
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 17 2002 11:00 PM ET
British production entity FilmFour will cofinance Bright Young Things, the directorial debut of out actor-author Stephen Fry, Variety reports. The film, based on Evelyn Waugh's 1930s novel Vile Bodies, will star Judi Dench and Peter O'Toole, along with several "bright young things" yet to be cast. Revolution Films is developing the project; United Artists in the United States exercised its first-refusal rights on the film, but that was before new president Bingham Ray took over the studio. Ray is said to be rereviewing that decision.
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Is Winnie the Pooh Transgender or Intersex?
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- Why the Best New Film About Lesbians Can't Quite be Called a Lesbian Film