FilmFour to cofinance Stephen Fry's directorial debut
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 18 2002 12:00 AM ET
British production entity FilmFour will cofinance Bright Young Things, the directorial debut of out actor-author Stephen Fry, Variety reports. The film, based on Evelyn Waugh's 1930s novel Vile Bodies, will star Judi Dench and Peter O'Toole, along with several "bright young things" yet to be cast. Revolution Films is developing the project; United Artists in the United States exercised its first-refusal rights on the film, but that was before new president Bingham Ray took over the studio. Ray is said to be rereviewing that decision.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Op-ed: How the Voices of Children Have Helped Turn the Tide on Marriage Equality
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends