Rosie O'Donnell wraps it up
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 22 2002 11:00 PM ET
Newly out comic Rosie O'Donnell wrapped up her talk show Wednesday after six successful years on the air, closing the show with a taped montage of her professional and "real" lives that included shots of her partner, Kelli Carpenter, and their children. Spoofing her famous comment about her "crush" on Tom Cruise--O'Donnell told interviewer Diane Sawyer, "I never once said I want [Cruise] naked in a bed doing the nasty. I want him to mow my lawn and get me a lemonade"--the show's very last image was a tape of Cruise pushing a mower back and forth, turning it off, walking to the camera, picking up a cold drink, and saying, "Rosie, I cut your lawn. Here's your lemonade."
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment