Rosie O'Donnell wraps it up
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 23 2002 12:00 AM ET
Newly out comic Rosie O'Donnell wrapped up her talk show Wednesday after six successful years on the air, closing the show with a taped montage of her professional and "real" lives that included shots of her partner, Kelli Carpenter, and their children. Spoofing her famous comment about her "crush" on Tom Cruise--O'Donnell told interviewer Diane Sawyer, "I never once said I want [Cruise] naked in a bed doing the nasty. I want him to mow my lawn and get me a lemonade"--the show's very last image was a tape of Cruise pushing a mower back and forth, turning it off, walking to the camera, picking up a cold drink, and saying, "Rosie, I cut your lawn. Here's your lemonade."
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color