Rosie O'Donnell wraps it up
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 23 2002 12:00 AM ET
Newly out comic Rosie O'Donnell wrapped up her talk show Wednesday after six successful years on the air, closing the show with a taped montage of her professional and "real" lives that included shots of her partner, Kelli Carpenter, and their children. Spoofing her famous comment about her "crush" on Tom Cruise--O'Donnell told interviewer Diane Sawyer, "I never once said I want [Cruise] naked in a bed doing the nasty. I want him to mow my lawn and get me a lemonade"--the show's very last image was a tape of Cruise pushing a mower back and forth, turning it off, walking to the camera, picking up a cold drink, and saying, "Rosie, I cut your lawn. Here's your lemonade."
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too