Millie director Mayer to bring Cunningham novel to screen
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 25 2002 12:00 AM ET
Michael Mayer, the Tony-nominated director of the Broadway hit Thoroughly Modern Millie, is heading to London to begin casting on his first film, according to columnist Liz Smith. Mayer will direct a screen adaptation of A Home at the End of the World, a novel by out author Michael Cunningham (The Hours). Mayer and Cunningham collaborated on the screenplay, and shooting is scheduled to begin in September.
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Indiana Scrambling to 'Clarify' Discriminatory Law
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana