Millie director Mayer to bring Cunningham novel to screen
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 25 2002 12:00 AM ET
Michael Mayer, the Tony-nominated director of the Broadway hit Thoroughly Modern Millie, is heading to London to begin casting on his first film, according to columnist Liz Smith. Mayer will direct a screen adaptation of A Home at the End of the World, a novel by out author Michael Cunningham (The Hours). Mayer and Cunningham collaborated on the screenplay, and shooting is scheduled to begin in September.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Meet Ireland's Marriage Equality Benefactor: American Billionaire Chuck Feeney
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over