Charles Busch's Die Mommie Die! headed for the screen
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 29 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that shooting will begin June 10 on Die Mommie Die! a Charles Busch comedy based on the late-'60s thrillers that starred Joan Crawford. Playwright-drag actor Busch's Psycho Beach Party was brought to the screen in 2000. Natasha Lyonne, Jason Priestley, Adam Arkin, and Busch have already been cast, with Stark Sands (Six Feet Under) in negotiations to participate. Die Mommy Die! will be produced by Aviator Films, a company owned by Anthony Edwards (recently of ER) and Dante Di Loreto, and directed by first-timer Mark Rucker.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Russian Army Sings 'Barbie Girl'
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House