Y Tu Mamá Tambien director considered for Harry Potter sequel
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 29 2002 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that Alfonso Cuarón, director of the Mexican hit Y Tu Mamá Tambien (a film featured on the cover of The Advocate's Summer Movie Special issue, available May 28), has been approached about directing the third film in the successful Harry Potter series. Cuarón, whose earlier films include an acclaimed adaptation of A Little Princess, would be stepping in for Christopher Columbus, who has directed the first two installments of the Harry Potter series and who now wishes to return to his family in the United States. Cuarón, according to a Variety article cited by BBC News, is one of several directors being considered for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends