Cherry Jones headed back to Broadway; Peter Allen show delayed
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2002 12:00 AM ET
Out actress Cherry Jones has committed to play Mary McCarthy opposite Swoosie Kurtz's Lillian Hellman in the Broadway production of Nora Ephron's Imaginary Friends, reports Variety. While not technically a musical, the play--about the long-running rivalry between two legendary female American authors--will contain up to seven new songs by Marvin Hamlisch and Craig Carnelia, who recently teamed on Sweet Smell of Success.
In other Broadway news, Hugh Jackman has confirmed that he will play gay song-and-dance man Peter Allen in The Boy From Oz, but that show's premiere has been pushed back from next spring to September 2003.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu