Cherry Jones headed back to Broadway; Peter Allen show delayed
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 07 2002 11:00 PM ET
Out actress Cherry Jones has committed to play Mary McCarthy opposite Swoosie Kurtz's Lillian Hellman in the Broadway production of Nora Ephron's Imaginary Friends, reports Variety. While not technically a musical, the play--about the long-running rivalry between two legendary female American authors--will contain up to seven new songs by Marvin Hamlisch and Craig Carnelia, who recently teamed on Sweet Smell of Success.
In other Broadway news, Hugh Jackman has confirmed that he will play gay song-and-dance man Peter Allen in The Boy From Oz, but that show's premiere has been pushed back from next spring to September 2003.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment