Conservatives criticize Nickelodeon for program on gay parents
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2002 12:00 AM ET
The Los Angeles Times reports that the conservative Traditional Values Coalition is accusing children's cable network Nickelodeon of "pro-homosexual propaganda" over the upcoming "Nick News Special Edition: My Family Is Different," scheduled to air June 18. Hosted by Linda Ellerbee, the program, according to a network announcement, will examine "issues related to diversity, tolerance, and respect, particularly to kids of same-sex parented families." The show will provide various points of view on the subject, ranging from out mom Rosie O'Donnell to antigay televangelist the Rev. Jerry Falwell. Ellerbee said Thursday, "I really wish they would just watch the show before they make up their minds."
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- #TBT: The Massive, Masculine Art of Robert Riggs