Conservatives criticize Nickelodeon for program on gay parents
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2002 12:00 AM ET
The Los Angeles Times reports that the conservative Traditional Values Coalition is accusing children's cable network Nickelodeon of "pro-homosexual propaganda" over the upcoming "Nick News Special Edition: My Family Is Different," scheduled to air June 18. Hosted by Linda Ellerbee, the program, according to a network announcement, will examine "issues related to diversity, tolerance, and respect, particularly to kids of same-sex parented families." The show will provide various points of view on the subject, ranging from out mom Rosie O'Donnell to antigay televangelist the Rev. Jerry Falwell. Ellerbee said Thursday, "I really wish they would just watch the show before they make up their minds."
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader 1 hour 14 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? 1 hour 19 min ago
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! 2 hours 50 min ago
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. 2 hours 54 min ago
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 8:00 PM
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 6:34 PM