Joel Schumacher developing remake of A Star Is Born
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 15 2002 12:00 AM ET
Out director Joel Schumacher is developing a new version of A Star Is Born and may possibly direct it himself, according to The Hollywood Reporter. There have been discussions with Will Smith about playing one of the lead roles. The tale of an up-and-coming actress who falls in love with a famous actor, only to eclipse him, has been filmed previously in 1937 (with Janet Gaynor and Fredric March), 1954 (with Judy Garland and James Mason, directed by gay filmmaker George Cukor), and 1976 (with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson playing rock singers instead of actors).
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word