Joel Schumacher developing remake of A Star Is Born
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 14 2002 11:00 PM ET
Out director Joel Schumacher is developing a new version of A Star Is Born and may possibly direct it himself, according to The Hollywood Reporter. There have been discussions with Will Smith about playing one of the lead roles. The tale of an up-and-coming actress who falls in love with a famous actor, only to eclipse him, has been filmed previously in 1937 (with Janet Gaynor and Fredric March), 1954 (with Judy Garland and James Mason, directed by gay filmmaker George Cukor), and 1976 (with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson playing rock singers instead of actors).
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View