Joel Schumacher developing remake of A Star Is Born
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 15 2002 12:00 AM ET
Out director Joel Schumacher is developing a new version of A Star Is Born and may possibly direct it himself, according to The Hollywood Reporter. There have been discussions with Will Smith about playing one of the lead roles. The tale of an up-and-coming actress who falls in love with a famous actor, only to eclipse him, has been filmed previously in 1937 (with Janet Gaynor and Fredric March), 1954 (with Judy Garland and James Mason, directed by gay filmmaker George Cukor), and 1976 (with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson playing rock singers instead of actors).
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader 52 min 18 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? 56 min 41 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! 2 hours 27 min ago
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. 2 hours 31 min ago
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 2 hours 53 min ago
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 2 hours 56 min ago
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 6:34 PM