VH1 explores The Marshall Mathers LP
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 15 2002 12:00 AM ET
Rapper Eminem garnered fans and detractors alike in the gay community over the controversial content of his The Marshall Mathers LP, and cable network VH1 will take a closer look at the multiplatinum CD on Ultimate Albums, airing Sunday, June 16, at 10 p.m. (check local listings). "I think that through the interviews and protests and such that we do on the show, you get the sense that even Eminem doesn't believe the stuff that he says," show producer Soren Baker tells LAUNCH Music. "He's just saying that to make entertaining music and kinda rattle their brains." The show will also focus on the making of the single "Stan," which Elton John performed with Eminem at the Grammy Awards.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback