A more "adult" Scooby-Doo headed for DVD?
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 18 2002 12:00 AM ET
Scooby-Doo topped the weekend box office, but quite a bit of footage--including scenes dealing with Velma's much-discussed sexual identity--didn't make it into the final version. "They made two versions, quite frankly," said Matthew Lillard, who costars in the film as Shaggy. "They made one that is more adult and one that is traditional--the one you see now, which is a family film." Fans wondering why Shaggy is so often hungry--his appetite and goatee have long prompted speculation that he's a pothead--and how Velma really feels about sexy Daphne might have their questions answered by the eventual DVD release, which may include deleted "adult" footage.
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags New England