Autopsy: Christopher Price died of rare infection
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2002 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that popular gay Liquid News host Christopher Price died of heart failure caused by a rare brain disease similar to meningitis. The coroner ruled that the cause of death was meningoencephalitis--which causes the lining of the brain to swell--that may have spread from an ear infection. Police found a small quantity of cocaine and prescription weight-loss drugs in Price's apartment but determined that they were not connected to his death.
During a hearing the court was told that Price, 34, had been off work for several days, complaining of flu-like symptoms. The verdict of death by natural causes confirmed what Price's family had been insisting since Price was found dead on April 22. A spokeswoman for the family said, "This has been a difficult day for us. Nothing can soften the loss of a much-loved brother, son, and uncle."
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Russian Army Sings 'Barbie Girl'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community