Autopsy: Christopher Price died of rare infection
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2002 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that popular gay Liquid News host Christopher Price died of heart failure caused by a rare brain disease similar to meningitis. The coroner ruled that the cause of death was meningoencephalitis--which causes the lining of the brain to swell--that may have spread from an ear infection. Police found a small quantity of cocaine and prescription weight-loss drugs in Price's apartment but determined that they were not connected to his death.
During a hearing the court was told that Price, 34, had been off work for several days, complaining of flu-like symptoms. The verdict of death by natural causes confirmed what Price's family had been insisting since Price was found dead on April 22. A spokeswoman for the family said, "This has been a difficult day for us. Nothing can soften the loss of a much-loved brother, son, and uncle."
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 1 hour 37 min ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 2 hours 37 min ago
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM