Autopsy: Christopher Price died of rare infection
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 19 2002 11:00 PM ET
BBC News reports that popular gay Liquid News host Christopher Price died of heart failure caused by a rare brain disease similar to meningitis. The coroner ruled that the cause of death was meningoencephalitis--which causes the lining of the brain to swell--that may have spread from an ear infection. Police found a small quantity of cocaine and prescription weight-loss drugs in Price's apartment but determined that they were not connected to his death.
During a hearing the court was told that Price, 34, had been off work for several days, complaining of flu-like symptoms. The verdict of death by natural causes confirmed what Price's family had been insisting since Price was found dead on April 22. A spokeswoman for the family said, "This has been a difficult day for us. Nothing can soften the loss of a much-loved brother, son, and uncle."
- Entertainment News Ian McKellen Surprised Hobbit Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening 1 hour 16 min ago
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India 5:23 PM
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective 4:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! 4:49 PM
- Sports Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins at Celebrating Christmas 4:19 PM
- Entertainment News Paul Rudd On Witnessing a Drag Queen Brawl 3:52 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Airline 3:49 PM