Autopsy: Christopher Price died of rare infection
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 19 2002 11:00 PM ET
BBC News reports that popular gay Liquid News host Christopher Price died of heart failure caused by a rare brain disease similar to meningitis. The coroner ruled that the cause of death was meningoencephalitis--which causes the lining of the brain to swell--that may have spread from an ear infection. Police found a small quantity of cocaine and prescription weight-loss drugs in Price's apartment but determined that they were not connected to his death.
During a hearing the court was told that Price, 34, had been off work for several days, complaining of flu-like symptoms. The verdict of death by natural causes confirmed what Price's family had been insisting since Price was found dead on April 22. A spokeswoman for the family said, "This has been a difficult day for us. Nothing can soften the loss of a much-loved brother, son, and uncle."
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School