Autopsy: Christopher Price died of rare infection
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2002 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that popular gay Liquid News host Christopher Price died of heart failure caused by a rare brain disease similar to meningitis. The coroner ruled that the cause of death was meningoencephalitis--which causes the lining of the brain to swell--that may have spread from an ear infection. Police found a small quantity of cocaine and prescription weight-loss drugs in Price's apartment but determined that they were not connected to his death.
During a hearing the court was told that Price, 34, had been off work for several days, complaining of flu-like symptoms. The verdict of death by natural causes confirmed what Price's family had been insisting since Price was found dead on April 22. A spokeswoman for the family said, "This has been a difficult day for us. Nothing can soften the loss of a much-loved brother, son, and uncle."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Proves He's a Racist Homophobe
- WATCH: Donald Trump Still Can't Explain His Marriage Equality Opposition
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats