Elton John, Rosie O'Donnell make Forbes "Celebrity 100" list
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2002 11:00 PM ET
Forbes magazine has compiled its annual "Celebrity 100" ranking of top entertainers, athletes, and other celebrities, and out celebrities Elton John and Rosie O'Donnell made the top half of the countdown. The list is calculated from both earnings and the number of links returned by a search for a celebrity's name at the Google.com Web site. Other factors included press clippings, magazine cover stories, and radio and television mentions. Because of this formula, while Tiger Woods earned $69 million over the last 12 months to Britney Spears's $39.2 million, Spears tops the list with a Google rating of 997,000 versus Woods's 378,000. Pop singer John ranked number 25 with $30 million and 315,000 Google mentions, and retired talk show host O'Donnell was at number 32, with $25 million and 294,000 Google mentions.
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM