Documentary Georgie Girl lands distributor
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 25 2002 12:00 AM ET
Annie Goldson's documentary Georgie Girl, the story of transgendered Maori sex worker-turned-New Zealand parliamentarian Georgina Beyer, has been acquired for distribution, reports indieWIRE.com. Nonprofit company Women Make Movies picked up the film, which chronicles Beyer's transformations from farm boy to cabaret diva to grassroots community leader to her present-day life as a member of parliament. Georgie Girl will screen this week at the IFP/West Los Angeles Film Festival and at the Frameline San Francisco Gay and Lesbian Film Festival.
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback