Documentary Georgie Girl lands distributor
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 25 2002 12:00 AM ET
Annie Goldson's documentary Georgie Girl, the story of transgendered Maori sex worker-turned-New Zealand parliamentarian Georgina Beyer, has been acquired for distribution, reports indieWIRE.com. Nonprofit company Women Make Movies picked up the film, which chronicles Beyer's transformations from farm boy to cabaret diva to grassroots community leader to her present-day life as a member of parliament. Georgie Girl will screen this week at the IFP/West Los Angeles Film Festival and at the Frameline San Francisco Gay and Lesbian Film Festival.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times