Keith Haring: The Musical?
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
This winter, New York's Public Theater will present Radiant Baby, a new musical about the last 10 years of the life of gay artist Keith Haring, reports Variety. George C. Wolfe will direct the show, by Debra Barsha, Ira Gasner, and Stuart Ross, which is based on John Gruen's 1991 biography Keith Haring. "Radiant Baby" is the title of one of Haring's best-known artworks; Haring achieved fame in the early 1980s for his illegal graffiti drawings of barking dogs and dancing men in the New York subways and other public places. Prior to his death from AIDS complications in 1990, Haring became an outspoken activist and an internationally famous artist.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'