Keith Haring: The Musical?
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
This winter, New York's Public Theater will present Radiant Baby, a new musical about the last 10 years of the life of gay artist Keith Haring, reports Variety. George C. Wolfe will direct the show, by Debra Barsha, Ira Gasner, and Stuart Ross, which is based on John Gruen's 1991 biography Keith Haring. "Radiant Baby" is the title of one of Haring's best-known artworks; Haring achieved fame in the early 1980s for his illegal graffiti drawings of barking dogs and dancing men in the New York subways and other public places. Prior to his death from AIDS complications in 1990, Haring became an outspoken activist and an internationally famous artist.
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- PHOTOS: French Photographer Fights Homophobia With 'Imaginary Couples'
- Op-ed: Why Cindy McCain Really Is a 'Hero'
- WATCH: Gay Marine Proposes to Boyfriend
- Man of Steel: A Gay Allegory For Our Time
- No Marriage Rulings From Supremes Today
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel PHOTOS: L.A.'s Favorite Park Reopens After $45M Renovation June 17 2013 8:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Series Easy Abby Season Finale June 17 2013 8:16 PM
- Women Melissa Etheridge Says Angelina Jolie Made 'Fearful Choice' on Breast Cancer June 17 2013 6:46 PM
- Entertainment News NYC Gay Bar Gets Reality Show... June 17 2013 6:09 PM
- Women Duh: Ellen DeGeneres Is Still Most Recognizable Gay American June 17 2013 6:07 PM
- Sports Greg Louganis is Getting Married June 17 2013 6:06 PM
- Religion Gay Catholics Turn Their Backs to Cardinal Who Compared LGBT Equality to KKK June 17 2013 5:20 PM