Cheryl Dunye to direct Eddie Griffin comedy
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 28 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that lesbian filmmaker Cheryl Dunye (The Watermelon Woman, Stranger Inside) has signed with Miramax to direct My Baby's Mama, starring and cowritten by Eddie Griffin (Undercover Brother). The comedy tells the story of three bachelors whose girlfriends simultaneously become pregnant and the efforts of the men to cope with their impending fatherhood. Following My Baby's Mama, Dunye is set to direct One Bad Sistah, a hip-hop comedy set up at Greenestreet Films.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate