Cheryl Dunye to direct Eddie Griffin comedy
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 28 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that lesbian filmmaker Cheryl Dunye (The Watermelon Woman, Stranger Inside) has signed with Miramax to direct My Baby's Mama, starring and cowritten by Eddie Griffin (Undercover Brother). The comedy tells the story of three bachelors whose girlfriends simultaneously become pregnant and the efforts of the men to cope with their impending fatherhood. Following My Baby's Mama, Dunye is set to direct One Bad Sistah, a hip-hop comedy set up at Greenestreet Films.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban