Cheryl Dunye to direct Eddie Griffin comedy
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 28 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that lesbian filmmaker Cheryl Dunye (The Watermelon Woman, Stranger Inside) has signed with Miramax to direct My Baby's Mama, starring and cowritten by Eddie Griffin (Undercover Brother). The comedy tells the story of three bachelors whose girlfriends simultaneously become pregnant and the efforts of the men to cope with their impending fatherhood. Following My Baby's Mama, Dunye is set to direct One Bad Sistah, a hip-hop comedy set up at Greenestreet Films.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'