The Laramie Project nominated for Open Palm Award
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 11 2002 12:00 AM ET
Moisés Kaufman's feature directorial debut, The Laramie Project, has been nominated for the 2002 Open Palm Award, presented by Independent Feature Project/New York. The other nominees for the award, which will be presented September 26 at the annual IFP Gotham Awards, include Bertha Bay-Sa Pan's Face, Eric Eason's Manito, Ethan Hawke's Chelsea Walls, Peter Mattei's Love in the Time of Money, and Fisher Stevens's Just a Kiss. The award, which includes a $10,000 cash prize, honors outstanding achievement among first-time filmmakers. Previous Open Palm winners include John Cameron Mitchell (Hedwig and the Angry Inch) and Jennie Livingston (Paris Is Burning).
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Antigay Kentucky Clerk Makes Emergency Appeal to Supreme Court
- Op-ed: Michael Sam Helps Therapy Come Out of the Closet
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'