The Laramie Project nominated for Open Palm Award
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 11 2002 12:00 AM ET
Moisés Kaufman's feature directorial debut, The Laramie Project, has been nominated for the 2002 Open Palm Award, presented by Independent Feature Project/New York. The other nominees for the award, which will be presented September 26 at the annual IFP Gotham Awards, include Bertha Bay-Sa Pan's Face, Eric Eason's Manito, Ethan Hawke's Chelsea Walls, Peter Mattei's Love in the Time of Money, and Fisher Stevens's Just a Kiss. The award, which includes a $10,000 cash prize, honors outstanding achievement among first-time filmmakers. Previous Open Palm winners include John Cameron Mitchell (Hedwig and the Angry Inch) and Jennie Livingston (Paris Is Burning).
- What Happened Inside the Supreme Court Today
- Antigay Heckler Dragged Out of Supreme Court
- High School Jocks Attend W. Virginia Prom Together
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'
- LISTEN: Oral Arguments of Obergefell v. Hodges
- The Most Effective Marriage Equality Lobbyists: Republican Kids