The Laramie Project nominated for Open Palm Award
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 11 2002 12:00 AM ET
Moisés Kaufman's feature directorial debut, The Laramie Project, has been nominated for the 2002 Open Palm Award, presented by Independent Feature Project/New York. The other nominees for the award, which will be presented September 26 at the annual IFP Gotham Awards, include Bertha Bay-Sa Pan's Face, Eric Eason's Manito, Ethan Hawke's Chelsea Walls, Peter Mattei's Love in the Time of Money, and Fisher Stevens's Just a Kiss. The award, which includes a $10,000 cash prize, honors outstanding achievement among first-time filmmakers. Previous Open Palm winners include John Cameron Mitchell (Hedwig and the Angry Inch) and Jennie Livingston (Paris Is Burning).
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- PHOTOS: The Moving History of a Gay Jewish Congregation