The Laramie Project nominated for Open Palm Award
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 10 2002 11:00 PM ET
Moisés Kaufman's feature directorial debut, The Laramie Project, has been nominated for the 2002 Open Palm Award, presented by Independent Feature Project/New York. The other nominees for the award, which will be presented September 26 at the annual IFP Gotham Awards, include Bertha Bay-Sa Pan's Face, Eric Eason's Manito, Ethan Hawke's Chelsea Walls, Peter Mattei's Love in the Time of Money, and Fisher Stevens's Just a Kiss. The award, which includes a $10,000 cash prize, honors outstanding achievement among first-time filmmakers. Previous Open Palm winners include John Cameron Mitchell (Hedwig and the Angry Inch) and Jennie Livingston (Paris Is Burning).
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Is Winnie the Pooh Transgender or Intersex?