Real World finale draws record numbers
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 12 2002 12:00 AM ET
The Tuesday night finale of MTV's 11th season of Real World--which featured two openly gay participants--was the most-watched episode in the series' history, drawing 5.5 million viewers. It also scored a 6.1 cable rating in 12- to 34-year-olds, MTV's core demographic group. Among MTV's cable households, the episode garnered a 4.4 rating. The performance tops ratings performances during earlier parts of this season when Real World Chicago led into ratings monster The Osbournes.
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Op-ed: Help Decide the Future of the LGBT Movement
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Boxer Manny Pacquiao Denies Making Antigay Remarks