Real World finale draws record numbers
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 11 2002 11:00 PM ET
The Tuesday night finale of MTV's 11th season of Real World--which featured two openly gay participants--was the most-watched episode in the series' history, drawing 5.5 million viewers. It also scored a 6.1 cable rating in 12- to 34-year-olds, MTV's core demographic group. Among MTV's cable households, the episode garnered a 4.4 rating. The performance tops ratings performances during earlier parts of this season when Real World Chicago led into ratings monster The Osbournes.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment