Columnist says Aucoin committed suicide
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 15 2002 11:00 PM ET
New York Post columnist Cindy Adams writes in her Monday column that acclaimed gay makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin committed suicide because of the ongoing torment of his medical condition. Adams writes: "Within hours of his last day a well-regarded medical practitioner, in possession of personal information, shared those details. I chose not to write about that. With his final torments having been set into print but without the inclusion of That
Fact, I now choose to write about that."
She continues, "Last time I saw him was, as usual, at some event. A party. I said he looked gorgeous. Pointing to his flimsy see-through embroidered shirt, he giggled: 'Gucci.' Then, pointing to his pants: 'Versace.' Nobody would have known his torment. Kevyn could no longer handle the pain. He ingested a sufficiency of drugs to call an end to it."
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out 26 min 3 sec ago
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain 29 min 8 sec ago
- People Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny 44 min 7 sec ago
- Women The Incredibly True Adventures of 2 Lesbian Penguins in Love in Israel 48 min 29 sec ago
- Women Op-ed: Silencing a #SharedGirlHood on Social Media 3:20 PM
- Politics Putin's Top Priority: 'Equal Terms' for Olympic Athletes 3:15 PM
- Travel Wanna Go to the SAG Awards in L.A.? 3:11 PM