Columnist says Aucoin committed suicide
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 16 2002 12:00 AM ET
New York Post columnist Cindy Adams writes in her Monday column that acclaimed gay makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin committed suicide because of the ongoing torment of his medical condition. Adams writes: "Within hours of his last day a well-regarded medical practitioner, in possession of personal information, shared those details. I chose not to write about that. With his final torments having been set into print but without the inclusion of That
Fact, I now choose to write about that."
She continues, "Last time I saw him was, as usual, at some event. A party. I said he looked gorgeous. Pointing to his flimsy see-through embroidered shirt, he giggled: 'Gucci.' Then, pointing to his pants: 'Versace.' Nobody would have known his torment. Kevyn could no longer handle the pain. He ingested a sufficiency of drugs to call an end to it."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM
- Comedy WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression May 19 2013 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? May 19 2013 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM