Columnist says Aucoin committed suicide
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 16 2002 12:00 AM ET
New York Post columnist Cindy Adams writes in her Monday column that acclaimed gay makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin committed suicide because of the ongoing torment of his medical condition. Adams writes: "Within hours of his last day a well-regarded medical practitioner, in possession of personal information, shared those details. I chose not to write about that. With his final torments having been set into print but without the inclusion of That
Fact, I now choose to write about that."
She continues, "Last time I saw him was, as usual, at some event. A party. I said he looked gorgeous. Pointing to his flimsy see-through embroidered shirt, he giggled: 'Gucci.' Then, pointing to his pants: 'Versace.' Nobody would have known his torment. Kevyn could no longer handle the pain. He ingested a sufficiency of drugs to call an end to it."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting