Columnist says Aucoin committed suicide
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 16 2002 12:00 AM ET
New York Post columnist Cindy Adams writes in her Monday column that acclaimed gay makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin committed suicide because of the ongoing torment of his medical condition. Adams writes: "Within hours of his last day a well-regarded medical practitioner, in possession of personal information, shared those details. I chose not to write about that. With his final torments having been set into print but without the inclusion of That
Fact, I now choose to write about that."
She continues, "Last time I saw him was, as usual, at some event. A party. I said he looked gorgeous. Pointing to his flimsy see-through embroidered shirt, he giggled: 'Gucci.' Then, pointing to his pants: 'Versace.' Nobody would have known his torment. Kevyn could no longer handle the pain. He ingested a sufficiency of drugs to call an end to it."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 1 hour 27 min ago
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM