Pam Grier may join cast of Showtime lesbian drama
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 19 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that cult icon Pam Grier (Coffy, Jackie Brown) is in negotiations to join the cast of the pilot of Earthlings, a proposed new lesbian series for Showtime. Grier would play a character whose body is covered with the names of every lesbian she's dated since the Stonewall riots, and in the pilot, she's wooed to become a live nude exhibit at New York's Whitney Museum. Jennifer Beals, Mia Kirshner, Scott Bairstow, and Laurel Holloman have committed to the Earthlings pilot, which is being directed by Rose Troche and executive-produced by Ilene Chaiken (the show's creator), Steve Golin, and Larry Kennar.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House