Queer as Folk star charged with public drunkenness
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 19 2002 11:00 PM ET
BBC News reports that Aidan Gillen, who starred as Stuart in the original Channel 4 Queer as Folk, appeared in court in Ireland this week after being charged with being drunk and abusive after refusing to pay a 5-pound taxi fare.
Gillen, 34, was also charged with refusing to give his name to police. His arrest record noted that he used threatening, abusive, and insulting language or behavior intending to provoke a disturbance of the peace, alleging he was violent and abusive at Dublin's Fitzgibbon Street Garda Station, and that he was drunk in public posing a possible danger to himself or others.
Judge Conal Gibbons remanded Gillen on continuing bail to reappear at Dublin district court on September 12.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 7:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM