Tony Kushner postpones L.A. opening of Homebody/Kabul
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 31 2002 11:00 PM ET
The Los Angeles Times reports that out Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Tony Kushner (Angels in America) has postponed the Los Angeles debut of his latest play, Homebody/Kabul, which was to have been the opener of the Mark Taper Forum's 2002-2003 season. "I wanted a breather and time to look at it again and make decisions about a director and all sorts of things--and this September felt rushed," said Kushner. Gordon Davidson, artistic director of the Taper, told the paper that the production, which will be directed by Frank Galati, will open the theater's 2003-2004 season, following a run at Chicago's Steppenwolf Theatre.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6