Ellen to be first center square on revamped Hollywood Squares
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 02 2002 12:00 AM ET
When the new, revamped Hollywood Squares kicks off this fall, the coveted "center square" position will be held by a rotating roster of stars, notes The Hollywood Reporter. First to sit in the square will be out comic-actress Ellen DeGeneres. The late gay comedian Paul Lynde and Oscar-winner Whoopi Goldberg have been earlier occupants of the center; Alec Baldwin will follow DeGeneres in the spot.
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Boxer Manny Pacquiao Denies Making Antigay Remarks
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls