Ellen to be first center square on revamped Hollywood Squares
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 02 2002 12:00 AM ET
When the new, revamped Hollywood Squares kicks off this fall, the coveted "center square" position will be held by a rotating roster of stars, notes The Hollywood Reporter. First to sit in the square will be out comic-actress Ellen DeGeneres. The late gay comedian Paul Lynde and Oscar-winner Whoopi Goldberg have been earlier occupants of the center; Alec Baldwin will follow DeGeneres in the spot.
- BREAKING: Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- PHOTOS: Diverse Trans* Beauty All Year Long
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'