Rosie developing her memoirs as a stage musical
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 03 2002 12:00 AM ET
Playbill On-Line reports that Rosie O'Donnell is collaborating with John McDaniel, the musical director on her recently ended talk show, on a stage musical version of O'Donnell's memoirs, Find Me. "[Rosie is] so wildly talented in so many ways, and how she expresses herself is so unique," says McDaniel. "It's a great story." The show, which is scheduled to open in spring or fall 2003, will be a two-character piece starring O'Donnell and another actress. "The other actress will play the smaller parts and do a majority of the singing," said McDaniel, who added, laughing, "since, as Ro says, 'At 90 dollars a seat, you don't want to just hear me sing.' But it's going to be fun. I'm creating it, collaborating on it with her."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Another Marriage Equality Group Calls It Quits