Rosie developing her memoirs as a stage musical
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 02 2002 11:00 PM ET
Playbill On-Line reports that Rosie O'Donnell is collaborating with John McDaniel, the musical director on her recently ended talk show, on a stage musical version of O'Donnell's memoirs, Find Me. "[Rosie is] so wildly talented in so many ways, and how she expresses herself is so unique," says McDaniel. "It's a great story." The show, which is scheduled to open in spring or fall 2003, will be a two-character piece starring O'Donnell and another actress. "The other actress will play the smaller parts and do a majority of the singing," said McDaniel, who added, laughing, "since, as Ro says, 'At 90 dollars a seat, you don't want to just hear me sing.' But it's going to be fun. I'm creating it, collaborating on it with her."
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular 1 hour 50 min ago
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 2 hours 42 min ago
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 2 hours 49 min ago
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 5:38 PM