Rosie developing her memoirs as a stage musical
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 02 2002 11:00 PM ET
Playbill On-Line reports that Rosie O'Donnell is collaborating with John McDaniel, the musical director on her recently ended talk show, on a stage musical version of O'Donnell's memoirs, Find Me. "[Rosie is] so wildly talented in so many ways, and how she expresses herself is so unique," says McDaniel. "It's a great story." The show, which is scheduled to open in spring or fall 2003, will be a two-character piece starring O'Donnell and another actress. "The other actress will play the smaller parts and do a majority of the singing," said McDaniel, who added, laughing, "since, as Ro says, 'At 90 dollars a seat, you don't want to just hear me sing.' But it's going to be fun. I'm creating it, collaborating on it with her."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6