Ellen's got a brand-new book
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 15 2002 12:00 AM ET
Simon and Schuster has acquired world publishing rights to a new book of comic essays by Emmy-winning writer and comedian Ellen DeGeneres. The book will be published to coincide with the premiere of her TV talk show. DeGeneres's first book of humor, My Point...and I Do Have One, was a number 1 New York Times bestseller.
"Why write a second book, you ask?" said DeGeneres in a press release. "Because there are some words I didn't use in the first one."
The acquisition was made by out publishing exec Rob Weisbach, now at Simon and Schuster after starting and eventually folding his imprint, Rob Weisbach Books, at William Morrow. Weisbach published My Point...and I Do Have One in 1995.
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage