Ellen's got a brand-new book
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 15 2002 12:00 AM ET
Simon and Schuster has acquired world publishing rights to a new book of comic essays by Emmy-winning writer and comedian Ellen DeGeneres. The book will be published to coincide with the premiere of her TV talk show. DeGeneres's first book of humor, My Point...and I Do Have One, was a number 1 New York Times bestseller.
"Why write a second book, you ask?" said DeGeneres in a press release. "Because there are some words I didn't use in the first one."
The acquisition was made by out publishing exec Rob Weisbach, now at Simon and Schuster after starting and eventually folding his imprint, Rob Weisbach Books, at William Morrow. Weisbach published My Point...and I Do Have One in 1995.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- The Gay Films of the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival
- Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Bus—Again
- French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM