Ellen's got a brand-new book
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 15 2002 12:00 AM ET
Simon and Schuster has acquired world publishing rights to a new book of comic essays by Emmy-winning writer and comedian Ellen DeGeneres. The book will be published to coincide with the premiere of her TV talk show. DeGeneres's first book of humor, My Point...and I Do Have One, was a number 1 New York Times bestseller.
"Why write a second book, you ask?" said DeGeneres in a press release. "Because there are some words I didn't use in the first one."
The acquisition was made by out publishing exec Rob Weisbach, now at Simon and Schuster after starting and eventually folding his imprint, Rob Weisbach Books, at William Morrow. Weisbach published My Point...and I Do Have One in 1995.
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Reports: Dallas Cowboys Eye Michael Sam for Practice Squad
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out