Ellen's got a brand-new book
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 15 2002 12:00 AM ET
Simon and Schuster has acquired world publishing rights to a new book of comic essays by Emmy-winning writer and comedian Ellen DeGeneres. The book will be published to coincide with the premiere of her TV talk show. DeGeneres's first book of humor, My Point...and I Do Have One, was a number 1 New York Times bestseller.
"Why write a second book, you ask?" said DeGeneres in a press release. "Because there are some words I didn't use in the first one."
The acquisition was made by out publishing exec Rob Weisbach, now at Simon and Schuster after starting and eventually folding his imprint, Rob Weisbach Books, at William Morrow. Weisbach published My Point...and I Do Have One in 1995.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM