Toronto to close with lesbian-toned Femme Fatale
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 15 2002 12:00 AM ET
Organizers of the 27th Toronto International Film Festival have announced that Brian De Palma's new film, Femme Fatale, will close the annual event on September 14. The movie stars Antonio Banderas as well as Rebecca Romijn-Stamos in what's rumored to be a role with lesbian overtones.
Among the other special events set for the festival are a gala premiere of Julie Taymor's Frida, starring Salma Hayek, and a special work-in-progress screening of Curtis Hanson's new film, 8 Mile, featuring Eminem, Kim Basinger, Mekhi Phifer, and Brittany Murphy.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Does AIDS in the Endzone Fumble? 32 min 55 sec ago
- Theater Five Decades Remembered At the Flash 1 hour 24 min ago
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 2 hours 3 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When Scout Comes Out at Camp 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM