Toronto to close with lesbian-toned Femme Fatale
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 15 2002 12:00 AM ET
Organizers of the 27th Toronto International Film Festival have announced that Brian De Palma's new film, Femme Fatale, will close the annual event on September 14. The movie stars Antonio Banderas as well as Rebecca Romijn-Stamos in what's rumored to be a role with lesbian overtones.
Among the other special events set for the festival are a gala premiere of Julie Taymor's Frida, starring Salma Hayek, and a special work-in-progress screening of Curtis Hanson's new film, 8 Mile, featuring Eminem, Kim Basinger, Mekhi Phifer, and Brittany Murphy.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word