Toronto to close with lesbian-toned Femme Fatale
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 15 2002 12:00 AM ET
Organizers of the 27th Toronto International Film Festival have announced that Brian De Palma's new film, Femme Fatale, will close the annual event on September 14. The movie stars Antonio Banderas as well as Rebecca Romijn-Stamos in what's rumored to be a role with lesbian overtones.
Among the other special events set for the festival are a gala premiere of Julie Taymor's Frida, starring Salma Hayek, and a special work-in-progress screening of Curtis Hanson's new film, 8 Mile, featuring Eminem, Kim Basinger, Mekhi Phifer, and Brittany Murphy.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 1 hour 44 sec ago
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 2 hours 6 min ago
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' June 18 2013 6:06 PM