Toronto to close with lesbian-toned Femme Fatale
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 14 2002 11:00 PM ET
Organizers of the 27th Toronto International Film Festival have announced that Brian De Palma's new film, Femme Fatale, will close the annual event on September 14. The movie stars Antonio Banderas as well as Rebecca Romijn-Stamos in what's rumored to be a role with lesbian overtones.
Among the other special events set for the festival are a gala premiere of Julie Taymor's Frida, starring Salma Hayek, and a special work-in-progress screening of Curtis Hanson's new film, 8 Mile, featuring Eminem, Kim Basinger, Mekhi Phifer, and Brittany Murphy.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?