Exploitation filmmaker Doris Wishman dies
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 20 2002 12:00 AM ET
Legendary B-movie director Doris Wishman passed away on August 10 in Miami, according to The New York Times. One of the few female directors making exploitation films (with titles like Nude on the Moon and A Night to Dismember), Wishman's filmography included several films with lesbian subplots, along with the legendary sex-change documentary Let Me Die a Woman.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out