Exploitation filmmaker Doris Wishman dies
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 20 2002 12:00 AM ET
Legendary B-movie director Doris Wishman passed away on August 10 in Miami, according to The New York Times. One of the few female directors making exploitation films (with titles like Nude on the Moon and A Night to Dismember), Wishman's filmography included several films with lesbian subplots, along with the legendary sex-change documentary Let Me Die a Woman.
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion