Pierce Brosnan: "I thought I was gay"
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 30 2002 12:00 AM ET
A new book reveals that the screen's current James Bond 007, Pierce Brosnan, went through a period of sexual confusion as a teenager. ThisIsLondon.com reports that in a new biography by York Membury, Brosnan talks about being a shy 16-year-old, confused about his sexuality: "I was young, frivolous, and full of abandon--a hippie with long hair down to my shoulders and a little goatee beard," says Brosnan. "Why? Because I thought I was gay. But no, I'm not gay." The book also quotes school friends of the actor who would later be named People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive," one of whom notes, "He wasn't the least bit athletic. I'd say he was naturally artistic." The book also notes that the teenage Brosnan was picked on by bullies for his artistic temperament.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 55 sec ago
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 11 min 52 sec ago
- Sports National Gay & Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame’s First Class Announced 39 min 38 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Did Chris Colfer Get Arrested? 45 min 44 sec ago
- Entertainment News EXCLUSIVE: Madonna's MDNA Concert Clip 1 hour 28 min ago
- Politics Dallas Councilwoman Objects to Gay HIV Billboard 2 hours 23 min ago
- Marriage Equality Arizona: Org. Files for Marriage Equality Ballot Initiative 2 hours 34 min ago