Pierce Brosnan: "I thought I was gay"
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 29 2002 11:00 PM ET
A new book reveals that the screen's current James Bond 007, Pierce Brosnan, went through a period of sexual confusion as a teenager. ThisIsLondon.com reports that in a new biography by York Membury, Brosnan talks about being a shy 16-year-old, confused about his sexuality: "I was young, frivolous, and full of abandon--a hippie with long hair down to my shoulders and a little goatee beard," says Brosnan. "Why? Because I thought I was gay. But no, I'm not gay." The book also quotes school friends of the actor who would later be named People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive," one of whom notes, "He wasn't the least bit athletic. I'd say he was naturally artistic." The book also notes that the teenage Brosnan was picked on by bullies for his artistic temperament.
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 16 min 40 sec ago
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM