Pierce Brosnan: "I thought I was gay"
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 30 2002 12:00 AM ET
A new book reveals that the screen's current James Bond 007, Pierce Brosnan, went through a period of sexual confusion as a teenager. ThisIsLondon.com reports that in a new biography by York Membury, Brosnan talks about being a shy 16-year-old, confused about his sexuality: "I was young, frivolous, and full of abandon--a hippie with long hair down to my shoulders and a little goatee beard," says Brosnan. "Why? Because I thought I was gay. But no, I'm not gay." The book also quotes school friends of the actor who would later be named People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive," one of whom notes, "He wasn't the least bit athletic. I'd say he was naturally artistic." The book also notes that the teenage Brosnan was picked on by bullies for his artistic temperament.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good As Dead, Say Advocates
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 24 min 4 sec ago
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 36 min 37 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 50 min 15 sec ago
- Transgender Jesse Tyler Ferguson Slams His Former Catholic School's Transphobic Graduation Policy 50 min 20 sec ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame 51 min 46 sec ago
- Politics Democratic 'Betrayal' Leaves Binational LGBT Families Stranded 1 hour 3 min ago
- Travel Peace Corps Opens to Same-Sex Couples 1 hour 18 min ago