Pierce Brosnan: "I thought I was gay"
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 29 2002 11:00 PM ET
A new book reveals that the screen's current James Bond 007, Pierce Brosnan, went through a period of sexual confusion as a teenager. ThisIsLondon.com reports that in a new biography by York Membury, Brosnan talks about being a shy 16-year-old, confused about his sexuality: "I was young, frivolous, and full of abandon--a hippie with long hair down to my shoulders and a little goatee beard," says Brosnan. "Why? Because I thought I was gay. But no, I'm not gay." The book also quotes school friends of the actor who would later be named People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive," one of whom notes, "He wasn't the least bit athletic. I'd say he was naturally artistic." The book also notes that the teenage Brosnan was picked on by bullies for his artistic temperament.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? March 07 2014 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day March 07 2014 5:49 PM