Will Young loses Pepsi endorsement deal to runner-up
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 05 2002 12:00 AM ET
The New York Times reports that Pop Idol champion Will Young may have lost an endorsement deal with Pepsi to the show's runner-up, Gareth Gates, because Young came out shortly after winning. Pepsi was one of Pop Idol's principal sponsors.
Young is expected to sing on Wednesday's two-hour American Idol finale, airing on Fox at 8 p.m. Eastern/Pacific.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.