Will Young loses Pepsi endorsement deal to runner-up
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 05 2002 12:00 AM ET
The New York Times reports that Pop Idol champion Will Young may have lost an endorsement deal with Pepsi to the show's runner-up, Gareth Gates, because Young came out shortly after winning. Pepsi was one of Pop Idol's principal sponsors.
Young is expected to sing on Wednesday's two-hour American Idol finale, airing on Fox at 8 p.m. Eastern/Pacific.
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'