Will Young loses Pepsi endorsement deal to runner-up
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 05 2002 12:00 AM ET
The New York Times reports that Pop Idol champion Will Young may have lost an endorsement deal with Pepsi to the show's runner-up, Gareth Gates, because Young came out shortly after winning. Pepsi was one of Pop Idol's principal sponsors.
Young is expected to sing on Wednesday's two-hour American Idol finale, airing on Fox at 8 p.m. Eastern/Pacific.
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Martina Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 56 sec ago
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 22 min 45 sec ago
- World News Liberal Australian MP Crosses Aisle In Support of LGBT Nondiscrimination 34 min 39 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Hot Lesbians Don Cowboy Hats, Chaps and Spurs for Cowgirl Up 47 min 12 sec ago
- Pride PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine 1 hour 2 min ago
- World News Brazil Lawmakers Legalize 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 1 hour 6 min ago
- Sports Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law 1 hour 11 min ago