Will Young loses Pepsi endorsement deal to runner-up
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 05 2002 12:00 AM ET
The New York Times reports that Pop Idol champion Will Young may have lost an endorsement deal with Pepsi to the show's runner-up, Gareth Gates, because Young came out shortly after winning. Pepsi was one of Pop Idol's principal sponsors.
Young is expected to sing on Wednesday's two-hour American Idol finale, airing on Fox at 8 p.m. Eastern/Pacific.
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either