Will Young loses Pepsi endorsement deal to runner-up
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 05 2002 12:00 AM ET
The New York Times reports that Pop Idol champion Will Young may have lost an endorsement deal with Pepsi to the show's runner-up, Gareth Gates, because Young came out shortly after winning. Pepsi was one of Pop Idol's principal sponsors.
Young is expected to sing on Wednesday's two-hour American Idol finale, airing on Fox at 8 p.m. Eastern/Pacific.
- BREAKING: Supreme Court: Kentucky Clerk Must Issue Marriage Licenses
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- Op-ed: Jazz Jennings Is TV's Unsung Trans Heroine
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’