Will Young loses Pepsi endorsement deal to runner-up
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 05 2002 12:00 AM ET
The New York Times reports that Pop Idol champion Will Young may have lost an endorsement deal with Pepsi to the show's runner-up, Gareth Gates, because Young came out shortly after winning. Pepsi was one of Pop Idol's principal sponsors.
Young is expected to sing on Wednesday's two-hour American Idol finale, airing on Fox at 8 p.m. Eastern/Pacific.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word