Writer of Luhrmann's Alexander the Great epic promises to explore the conqueror's bisexuality
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 21 2002 12:00 AM ET
TV Guide Online reports that Oscar-winning writer Ted Tally, currently putting together the script for director Baz Luhrmann's big-screen epic on the life of conqueror Alexander the Great, won't shy away from the character's sexuality. "[Alexander] will be bisexual," says Tally. "He seems to have been kind of omnisexual as a person." Leonardo DiCaprio, who played bisexual poet Arthur Rimbaud in Agnieszka Holland's Total Eclipse (1995), is in talks to play Alexander.
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion