Writer of Luhrmann's Alexander the Great epic promises to explore the conqueror's bisexuality
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 21 2002 12:00 AM ET
TV Guide Online reports that Oscar-winning writer Ted Tally, currently putting together the script for director Baz Luhrmann's big-screen epic on the life of conqueror Alexander the Great, won't shy away from the character's sexuality. "[Alexander] will be bisexual," says Tally. "He seems to have been kind of omnisexual as a person." Leonardo DiCaprio, who played bisexual poet Arthur Rimbaud in Agnieszka Holland's Total Eclipse (1995), is in talks to play Alexander.
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again