Writer of Luhrmann's Alexander the Great epic promises to explore the conqueror's bisexuality
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 21 2002 12:00 AM ET
TV Guide Online reports that Oscar-winning writer Ted Tally, currently putting together the script for director Baz Luhrmann's big-screen epic on the life of conqueror Alexander the Great, won't shy away from the character's sexuality. "[Alexander] will be bisexual," says Tally. "He seems to have been kind of omnisexual as a person." Leonardo DiCaprio, who played bisexual poet Arthur Rimbaud in Agnieszka Holland's Total Eclipse (1995), is in talks to play Alexander.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding