Sarah Waters short-listed for Booker Prize
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 01 2002 12:00 AM ET
Publishers Weekly reports that lesbian author Sarah Waters is on the short list for the 2002 Man Booker prize for fiction for her novel Fingersmith. The Booker, presented in Britain, is considered one of the world's most prestigious literary prizes. The other five authors short-listed are William Trevor (The Story of Lucy Gault), Tim Winton (Dirt Music), Carol Shields (Unless), Yann Martel (Life of Pi), and Rohinton Mistry (Family Matters).
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City