Sarah Waters short-listed for Booker Prize
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 01 2002 12:00 AM ET
Publishers Weekly reports that lesbian author Sarah Waters is on the short list for the 2002 Man Booker prize for fiction for her novel Fingersmith. The Booker, presented in Britain, is considered one of the world's most prestigious literary prizes. The other five authors short-listed are William Trevor (The Story of Lucy Gault), Tim Winton (Dirt Music), Carol Shields (Unless), Yann Martel (Life of Pi), and Rohinton Mistry (Family Matters).
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?