Sarah Waters short-listed for Booker Prize
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 01 2002 12:00 AM ET
Publishers Weekly reports that lesbian author Sarah Waters is on the short list for the 2002 Man Booker prize for fiction for her novel Fingersmith. The Booker, presented in Britain, is considered one of the world's most prestigious literary prizes. The other five authors short-listed are William Trevor (The Story of Lucy Gault), Tim Winton (Dirt Music), Carol Shields (Unless), Yann Martel (Life of Pi), and Rohinton Mistry (Family Matters).
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun