Sarah Waters short-listed for Booker Prize
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 01 2002 12:00 AM ET
Publishers Weekly reports that lesbian author Sarah Waters is on the short list for the 2002 Man Booker prize for fiction for her novel Fingersmith. The Booker, presented in Britain, is considered one of the world's most prestigious literary prizes. The other five authors short-listed are William Trevor (The Story of Lucy Gault), Tim Winton (Dirt Music), Carol Shields (Unless), Yann Martel (Life of Pi), and Rohinton Mistry (Family Matters).
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend
- Diego Tolomelli and the Stain of Original Sin