Al Pacino does Oscar Wilde
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 04 2002 12:00 AM ET
Al Pacino will appear in a concert reading of Oscar Wilde's Salome in New York this November, reports Variety. Estelle Parsons is directing the production, which will be staged at St. Anne's Warehouse. Pacino will play Herod opposite Marisa Tomei (as Salome), Dianne Weist, Liev Schreiber, and David Strathairn. Pacino previously played the role in a 1992 Circle in the Square production.
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality