France selects 8 Women for Oscar race
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 17 2002 12:00 AM ET
Out director François Ozon's 8 Women has been chosen as France's entry for the Best Foreign Film Oscar at this year's Academy Awards. The musical murder mystery stars Catherine Deneuve, Emanuelle Béart, Isabelle Huppert, Fanny Ardant, Danielle Darrieux, Firmine Richard, Virginie Ledoyen, and Ludivine Sagnier as an octet of women snowed in at a remote country house who must figure out which of them murdered the male head of household. Each country outside the United States may nominate a single non-English-language film, from which five nominees will be chosen for the Academy Awards.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- POLL: Even Republicans Say Marriage Equality Hasn't Affected Them