France selects 8 Women for Oscar race
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 17 2002 12:00 AM ET
Out director François Ozon's 8 Women has been chosen as France's entry for the Best Foreign Film Oscar at this year's Academy Awards. The musical murder mystery stars Catherine Deneuve, Emanuelle Béart, Isabelle Huppert, Fanny Ardant, Danielle Darrieux, Firmine Richard, Virginie Ledoyen, and Ludivine Sagnier as an octet of women snowed in at a remote country house who must figure out which of them murdered the male head of household. Each country outside the United States may nominate a single non-English-language film, from which five nominees will be chosen for the Academy Awards.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate