France selects 8 Women for Oscar race
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 17 2002 12:00 AM ET
Out director François Ozon's 8 Women has been chosen as France's entry for the Best Foreign Film Oscar at this year's Academy Awards. The musical murder mystery stars Catherine Deneuve, Emanuelle Béart, Isabelle Huppert, Fanny Ardant, Danielle Darrieux, Firmine Richard, Virginie Ledoyen, and Ludivine Sagnier as an octet of women snowed in at a remote country house who must figure out which of them murdered the male head of household. Each country outside the United States may nominate a single non-English-language film, from which five nominees will be chosen for the Academy Awards.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks