New Line to adopt The Martian Child
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 18 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that New Line Cinema has made a preemptive purchase of The Martian Child, the recent book by openly gay science-fiction writer David Gerrold (who wrote the landmark Star Trek episode "The Trouble With Tribbles"). Out screenwriters Jonathan Tolins and Seth Bass (Twilight of the Golds) will adapt the story of a single man who adopts a 6-year-old boy, only to have the fatherhood experience go somewhat awry when the man begins to believe the child's claim that he is a Martian.
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview