New Line to adopt The Martian Child
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 18 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that New Line Cinema has made a preemptive purchase of The Martian Child, the recent book by openly gay science-fiction writer David Gerrold (who wrote the landmark Star Trek episode "The Trouble With Tribbles"). Out screenwriters Jonathan Tolins and Seth Bass (Twilight of the Golds) will adapt the story of a single man who adopts a 6-year-old boy, only to have the fatherhood experience go somewhat awry when the man begins to believe the child's claim that he is a Martian.
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home