New Line to adopt The Martian Child
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 18 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that New Line Cinema has made a preemptive purchase of The Martian Child, the recent book by openly gay science-fiction writer David Gerrold (who wrote the landmark Star Trek episode "The Trouble With Tribbles"). Out screenwriters Jonathan Tolins and Seth Bass (Twilight of the Golds) will adapt the story of a single man who adopts a 6-year-old boy, only to have the fatherhood experience go somewhat awry when the man begins to believe the child's claim that he is a Martian.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban