Kimberly Peirce to direct Ingrid Casares biopic
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2002 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that DreamWorks has acquired the life rights to Miami Beach nightclub nabobs Ingrid Casares and Chris Paciello for a film that will be directed by queer filmmaker Kimberly Peirce (Boys Don't Cry). Casares had reportedly been romantically involved with Madonna, Sandra Bernhard, and k.d. lang when she teamed up with mystery man Paciello to operate a string of popular Miami Beach nightclubs. Paciello was arrested in 1999 on racketeering charges, which led to speculation regarding his involvement with the Bonanno crime family. Reps for Peirce, whose future productions include an adaptation of Childhood's End and a film about John Dillinger written by David Mamet, will soon begin negotiating her deal for the Casares-Paciello project.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'