Kimberly Peirce to direct Ingrid Casares biopic
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 23 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that DreamWorks has acquired the life rights to Miami Beach nightclub nabobs Ingrid Casares and Chris Paciello for a film that will be directed by queer filmmaker Kimberly Peirce (Boys Don't Cry). Casares had reportedly been romantically involved with Madonna, Sandra Bernhard, and k.d. lang when she teamed up with mystery man Paciello to operate a string of popular Miami Beach nightclubs. Paciello was arrested in 1999 on racketeering charges, which led to speculation regarding his involvement with the Bonanno crime family. Reps for Peirce, whose future productions include an adaptation of Childhood's End and a film about John Dillinger written by David Mamet, will soon begin negotiating her deal for the Casares-Paciello project.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet