Kimberly Peirce to direct Ingrid Casares biopic
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 23 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that DreamWorks has acquired the life rights to Miami Beach nightclub nabobs Ingrid Casares and Chris Paciello for a film that will be directed by queer filmmaker Kimberly Peirce (Boys Don't Cry). Casares had reportedly been romantically involved with Madonna, Sandra Bernhard, and k.d. lang when she teamed up with mystery man Paciello to operate a string of popular Miami Beach nightclubs. Paciello was arrested in 1999 on racketeering charges, which led to speculation regarding his involvement with the Bonanno crime family. Reps for Peirce, whose future productions include an adaptation of Childhood's End and a film about John Dillinger written by David Mamet, will soon begin negotiating her deal for the Casares-Paciello project.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview