The Lawless Heart and Showboy honored at British Independent Film Awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 02 2002 1:00 AM ET
Two gay films were honored at this week's British Independent Film Awards, reports indieWIRE.com. Romantic comedy The Lawless Heart earned a Best Screenplay award for its two out writers, Tom Hunsinger and Neil Hunter. Lindy Heymann and Christian Taylor received the Douglas Hickox award (given to a debut director) for gay festival favorite Showboy, a mock documentary in which the openly gay Taylor leaves his life as a writer-producer on HBO's Six Feet Under to become a dancer in Las Vegas. The Best British Independent Film award went to Ken Loach's Sweet Sixteen.
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man