Armistead Maupin to be honored by Trevor Project
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 05 2002 1:00 AM ET
Author Armistead Maupin will receive the inaugural Trevor Life Award during the A Cracked X-Mas 5 benefit on Sunday, December 8, in Los Angeles for his continuing support of the Trevor Project. "The Trevor Project is proud to honor Armistead Maupin with the inaugural Trevor Life Award for his demonstrated commitment to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transsexual causes through his volunteerism and occupation," said Trevor Project executive director Jorge Valencia. "Maupin has been a supporter of the Trevor Project since its inception." The Trevor Project is a nonprofit endeavor created by the filmmakers of the Oscar-winning short Trevor to promote tolerance for gay and questioning youth and to aid in suicide prevention among that group.
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy