Armistead Maupin to be honored by Trevor Project
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 05 2002 1:00 AM ET
Author Armistead Maupin will receive the inaugural Trevor Life Award during the A Cracked X-Mas 5 benefit on Sunday, December 8, in Los Angeles for his continuing support of the Trevor Project. "The Trevor Project is proud to honor Armistead Maupin with the inaugural Trevor Life Award for his demonstrated commitment to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transsexual causes through his volunteerism and occupation," said Trevor Project executive director Jorge Valencia. "Maupin has been a supporter of the Trevor Project since its inception." The Trevor Project is a nonprofit endeavor created by the filmmakers of the Oscar-winning short Trevor to promote tolerance for gay and questioning youth and to aid in suicide prevention among that group.
- What Happened Inside the Supreme Court Today
- High School Jocks Attend W. Virginia Prom Together
- Antigay Heckler Dragged Out of Supreme Court
- 17 Celebs Who Are Rooting – And Tweeting – for Marriage Equality
- LISTEN: Oral Arguments of Obergefell v. Hodges
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'