Armistead Maupin to be honored by Trevor Project
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 05 2002 12:00 AM ET
Author Armistead Maupin will receive the inaugural Trevor Life Award during the A Cracked X-Mas 5 benefit on Sunday, December 8, in Los Angeles for his continuing support of the Trevor Project. "The Trevor Project is proud to honor Armistead Maupin with the inaugural Trevor Life Award for his demonstrated commitment to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transsexual causes through his volunteerism and occupation," said Trevor Project executive director Jorge Valencia. "Maupin has been a supporter of the Trevor Project since its inception." The Trevor Project is a nonprofit endeavor created by the filmmakers of the Oscar-winning short Trevor to promote tolerance for gay and questioning youth and to aid in suicide prevention among that group.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Art on the Edge in a Warm Climate
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'