TLA Releasing acquires Nine Dead Gay Guys
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 05 2002 1:00 AM ET
TLA Releasing has picked up North American distribution rights to the controversial comedy Nine Dead Gay Guys, reports indieWIRE.com. The British film, which picked up audience awards at the Montreal Just for Laughs Festival and the Dublin Gay and Lesbian Film Fest, will hit theaters this June. "What The Life of Brian did for Christianity and South Park did for cartoons, Nine Dead Gay Guys does for homosexuality," said TLA president Ray Murray in a prepared statement. "It's a hilarious skewering of gay culture, and we are thrilled to bring it to American audiences."
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Op-ed: Helping Gays Find Love Isn't Easy, Especially In the South
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Smith College Now Admits Trans Women
- Community Mourns Death of Prominent Trans Gaming Developer