TLA Releasing acquires Nine Dead Gay Guys
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 05 2002 12:00 AM ET
TLA Releasing has picked up North American distribution rights to the controversial comedy Nine Dead Gay Guys, reports indieWIRE.com. The British film, which picked up audience awards at the Montreal Just for Laughs Festival and the Dublin Gay and Lesbian Film Fest, will hit theaters this June. "What The Life of Brian did for Christianity and South Park did for cartoons, Nine Dead Gay Guys does for homosexuality," said TLA president Ray Murray in a prepared statement. "It's a hilarious skewering of gay culture, and we are thrilled to bring it to American audiences."
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'