TLA Releasing acquires Nine Dead Gay Guys
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 05 2002 1:00 AM ET
TLA Releasing has picked up North American distribution rights to the controversial comedy Nine Dead Gay Guys, reports indieWIRE.com. The British film, which picked up audience awards at the Montreal Just for Laughs Festival and the Dublin Gay and Lesbian Film Fest, will hit theaters this June. "What The Life of Brian did for Christianity and South Park did for cartoons, Nine Dead Gay Guys does for homosexuality," said TLA president Ray Murray in a prepared statement. "It's a hilarious skewering of gay culture, and we are thrilled to bring it to American audiences."
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win